Teacher Resource Center Participant Agreement
To provide quality educational resources and an environment for creative up-cycling that encourages change and a more responsible community.
Please read the following prior visiting the Teacher Resource Center
3269 Roanoke Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
The Teacher Resource Center (TRC) will be open quarterly Wednesday through Friday from 3 pm - 6 pm and Saturdays from 12 pm – 6 pm to a limited number of teachers. Each shopping day is divided into 3 hourly time slots and 6 hourly shopping experiences on Saturdays. Participating teachers may only shop one time per quarter. Your shopping experience is by appointment only. Participating teachers will be allowed to fill two handbaskets during their shopping experience. At least two sturdy bags must be brought by the teacher. The TRC will not have bags available.
The Teacher Resource Center is a program operated by ScrapsKC. ScrapsKC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Supply or financial donations to ScrapsKC is tax-deductible. A receipt for donations will be provided upon request.
Inquiries specific to Teacher Resource Center can be sent to email@example.com or call ScrapsKC at 816-522-4305.
The Teacher Resource Center provides classroom materials for use in public, private, parochial and charter schools, kindergarten through twelfth grade, to teachers in eligible districts. Only full-time, lead K-12 teachers currently employed through eligible districts may shop.
Full-time substitute teachers do not qualify.
Pre-K teachers teaching in a school district sponsored Pre-K program are eligible to shop.
Eligible districts are located within the ScrapsKC service radius. This includes parts of Cass County in Missouri; Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri; and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas.
Application & Enrollment
Applications can be completed year round and must be completed in full to be considered for participation. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility and verified on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Applications must include:
- Signed Participant Agreement (completed after verification)
Teachers will be notified of their verification and will then be able to schedule their shopping experience. Due to limited school supplies, a limited number of teachers will be allowed to participate each quarter.
Policies and Procedures
- To remain eligible for future shopping experiences at the Teacher Resource Center, teachers must show up for their scheduled shopping experience. Failure to take advantage of a scheduled shopping experience will eliminate the opportunity for future shopping experiences. The scheduled time could have been used by another teacher.
- It is permissible to bring a shopping companion for assistance only if the primary shopper is sight impaired or requires medical assistance. If you require these accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before your shopping appointment.
No children, spouses, or unregistered teachers are permitted to accompany shoppers. Children may not be left unattended in the general ScrapsKC store.
- Items provided by the Teacher Resource Center are for use in your classroom and for your students only.
The reselling of any merchandise is not permitted. Any participants found to be reselling or employing items for personal use by themselves, their families, or other organizations without explicit permission from ScrapsKC will have their privileges revoked.
- The Teacher Resource Center is not responsible for determining the appropriateness of materials for students or classrooms. It is the responsibility of the shopper to determine the appropriateness of materials for their students and classroom.
- All items in the store are available on a “first come, first served” and “as is” basis. The Teacher Resource Center makes every effort to assure items in the store are in working order.
- All teachers must present a district photo ID teacher badge each time they check in to shop. Without your ID you will not be allowed to shop.
- Item limits will be placed on certain items to ensure sufficient inventory for all teachers. If you need more than the limit, the TRC staff will do their best to direct teachers to comparable materials in the ScrapsKC creative reuse that can be purchased out of pocket for a 20% discount. These discounts only apply to materials that teachers will be using in their classrooms.
- Large items, such as furniture pieces, are not the responsibility of ScrapsKC staff to move or transport. If a teacher selects a large item during their trip and cannot safely transport it, the item will be held for seven (7) calendar days allowing the teacher time to make necessary transportation arrangements. A companion may be brought to assist in moving large items from the TRC.